Our World Hepatitis Day Canada Toolkit helps raise awareness in communities across Canada!
Please feel free to use and share the video We want a world without viral hepatitis produced by the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA) where Canada’s voice is represented as well.
If you have any requests for the World Hepatitis Day Event Toolkit contact us and we’ll see what we can do!
For some helpful tips to get you started, check out our list of 10 Steps to a Successful Event
World Hepatitis Day Event Toolkit
Check out the 2017 promotional items including a fillable poster, updated press release, and sample letter to politicians!
Here are some hashtags that CSIH will be using…
Organizing your Event:
- World Hepatitis Day Critical Path 2017– this chart organizes tasks by indicating who is responsible for completing what by when! Use this Critical Path as a template for organizing your own local event.
- 10 Steps to a Successful WHD in Canada Event
- E-mail to Costco requesting assistance with food
- Proclamation text
Evaluating your Event (encouraged to be used for your event) :
- 2017 Press Release
- Public Service Announcement – send to your local media to spread the word about World Hepatitis Day
- Letter to the Editor Template – send to your local daily or weekly newspaper
- World Hepatitis Day Media Advisory
Promoting your Event:
- WHD Globe Logo – save this image for use at your own event
- Hepatitis C Playlist – a playlist for your event containing music from artists who have publicly stated their HCV status
- Use the World Hepatitis Day PowerPoint presentation to display facts about hepatitis at your event.
- CSIH’s World Hepatitis Day webinar that took place on May 19th 2016
- WHD Postcards (Tattoo Postcard and Couple Postcard) – images of previous WHD in Canada postcards for event flyers or event websites
- Videos on hepatitis C available at: www.youtube.com/user/CSIHglobal/videos
Involving Local Government:
- Get your local MP involved in your event by sending a letter! 2016 template here: Letter to Politicians
- Draft Letter for Ministers of Health
- Item for MLA Newsletter
- City of Ottawa Proclamation and City of Vancouver Proclamation – request a similar proclamation from your mayor’s office
World Hepatitis Day Posters:
- There is no vaccine for Hepatitis C but there is treatment: Poster
- Hepatitis B virus is 100 times more infectious than HIV: Poster
- Viral Hepatitis can lead to liver damage and liver cancer: Poster
Connect through social media: Tweet about your event!
For CSIH Twitter Tips, click here!